This beetroot dip has a nice kick to it. We love beetroot at Your Fit World as beets contain nitrates which allow for increased blood flow and subsequently deliver more oxygen and nutrients to the working muscles, improving stamina by lowering exercise oxygen requirements. The kick in the dip comes from the added cayenne. Cayenne contains great anti-inflammatory properties; much needed after a big training session.
This recipe will take about 10 minutes in total to prepare and will make four portions of beetroot dip.
- 250 grams of beetroot
- 300 ml yoghurt
- Three garlic cloves
- One table spoon of olive oil
- One table spoon of date syrup
- Green onion
- Chop the beets and garlic into pieces
- Crush the hazelnuts and roast for about three minutes in a frying pan
- Add the beetroot, garlic, yoghurt, oil, syrup and cayenne to the food processor and blend till smooth
- Transfer the smooth mixture from the processor to a bowl
- Sprinkle the dip with the roasted hazelnuts and garnish with sliced green onion and pepper
This recipe works very well as a light starter with pitta bread or could be served as part of a mezze.
We would love to hear how this recipe worked out for you!