This dessert makes me dribble just thinking about it. We absolutely love anything coconut and anything chocolate – both incredibly healthy foods that happen to taste delicious, how convenient?!
Chocolate, containing at least 70% cacao solids, releases feel- good hormones. Cacao contains many beneficial nutrients such as calcium, zinc, potassium, iron, magnesium and antioxidants. Antioxidants are said to promote cardiovascular health, protect against toxins, improve circulation and regulate blood pressure.
Coconuts have many health benefits, not only from a food consumption perspective but also from a medicinal perspective. Amongst other things, coconuts fight off bacterial infections, boost metabolism, keep teeth and bones strong, reduce inflammation and moisturizes hair and skin.
In summary – this dessert is guilt free!
This recipe will take about ten minutes to prepare and makes dessert for two.
- One young fresh coconut
- 25 grams of roasted coconut flakes
- 25 grams of roasted almond flakes
- Two scoops of dairy free chocolate ice-cream (we like to use Booja Booja)
- A handful of raw cacao nibs
- Chop the top of the young coconut off so that you can easily take the coconut water out – pour this into a glass to drink while you prepare the dessert
- Chop the coconut in two halves
- Add a scoop of ice-cream to each half
- Garnish with the coconut flakes, almond flakes and raw cacao
The young meat of the coconut is extremely tasty so make sure you scoop it all out!