Just finished a big training session or just simply need extra energy? Try out this delicious smoothie recipe to rev up your morning.
This smoothie is really easy and quick to make and actually tastes more like a milkshake; it’s rich and delicious, a real treat. We can’t talk enough about the beneficial properties of chocolate and coconut, both great foods full of nutrients. Coffee also has its benefits, especially if you buy good quality coffee like Bulletproof coffee, and is something we like to indulge on in the mornings.
This recipe will make smoothies for two and will take roughly ten minutes to prepare.
- Two espresso shots
- 400ml of coconut milk
- Two tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- Two tablespoons of almond butter
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- 200ml of water
- Two scoops of whey protein powder
- A handful of raw cacao nibs
- An optional tablespoon of raw honey
- Prepare two espresso shots
- Add all ingredients, other than the nibs, to the blender
- Blend on medium speed for 20 seconds
- Poor your energy boosting smoothie into two glasses
- Dress the smoothies with raw cacao nibs
Tip: instead of two espresso shots, you can use drip coffee. We usually use the left over drip coffee from earlier that morning or even from the previous day (when stored in the fridge).