Had a rough weekend or just need an extra boost to kick-start your week? This green detox smoothie is packed with vegetables, nature’s detoxifier, fighting fatigue and supporting your immune system.
Super easy and quick to prepare, only taking 5 minutes of your time, there are no excuses not to make this smoothie! This recipe makes two.
- Two stalks of kale or spinach
- One lemon
- 2 inches of ginger
- One apple
- 400 ml of coconut water
- Rinse the kale or spinach and apple and cut into pieces, removing the stems and seeds, if any
- Remove the skin of the ginger and slice it up
- Add those ingredients to the blender
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the blender
- Add the coconut water
- Blend on medium speed for 20 seconds
- Poor your detox smoothie into two glasses
Tip: add hemp seeds – not only for added protein but also for their good fats, which allow your body to absorb more of the vitamins in this smoothie.