Ginger and rosemary are often used in naturopathic medicine as a remedy for boosting the immune system.
Naturopathic medicine is a type of alternative medicine and is based on the belief that natural foods can be used as medicine, a concept of healing seen in many native societies.
Naturopathy favours a holistic approach using non-invasive healing techniques often avoiding the use of drugs.
This warming and fresh tea will help you boost your immune system, fight colds and support digestion.
Ginger and rosemary have many healing properties, some of which are:
- Immune boosting: antioxidants in both foods help support a healthy immune system
- Anti-Inflammatory: ginger and rosemary can reduce acute and chronic inflammation by inhibiting nitric oxide in the body
- Antibacterial: both foods have strong antibacterial properties
- Respiratory health: rosemary helps clear the lungs and throat while ginger helps the lungs expand properly
- Digestive support: both ginger and rosemary support the absorption and digestion of food
Add some freshly squeezed lemon for extra flavour and health benefits!