The whole world is now talking about Dave Asprey’s Bullet Proof coffee – for the right reasons. It tastes good, makes you feel energised and has the potential to help your burn fat. We especially like drinking his coffee before working-out first thing in the morning as it is great fuel.
We like to be a little more creative though and since we are passionate about consuming greens in the morning, usually consumed in the form of a green smoothie, we experimented with adding either spirulina or chlorella to Mr Asprey’s famous recipe and wow – this had us flying!
Spirulina and chlorella are blue-green algae’s. They are a good source of protein containing all essential amino acids (the ones your body can’t make internally but needs for optimal health) and are very effective at removing toxins from your body.
This recipe will make green coffee for two and will take roughly ten minutes to prepare.
- Two cups of freshly brewed warm coffee
- Two table spoons of unsalted grass fed butter
- Two table spoons of coconut oil or MCT oil
- One small table spoon of spirulina or chlorella
- Prepare a pot of freshly brewed coffee like you normally would
- Add the coffee with the butter, oil and spirulina or chlorella to the blender
- Blend on high speed for about 20 seconds or until there is a nice layer of foam visible on your drink
- Voila! Poor the green coffee in cups and enjoy!
Tip: add a table spoon of tahini and cinnamon as well as some vanilla extract for a mocha effect.