These chips are the perfect snack if you feel like something savoury to crunch on. Never been a fan of kale? Wait until you try these, they might convert you.
Kale, also called the queen of greens, is one of the most nutrient dense vegetables. Kale is packed with an extensive range of micronutrients including vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and antioxidant capacities.
Amongst other impressive qualities, kale lowers cholesterol and boosts the immune system.
This recipe will take about five minutes to prepare, 20 minutes in the oven and makes chips for four.
- 150 grams of fresh kale
- Four table spoons of olive oil
- Two table spoons of nutritional yeast
- One teaspoon of a good quality sea salt
- Pre-heat the oven on 175C
- Wash the kale
- Tear the kale leaves off the stems
- Mix the leaves with the olive oil, nutritional yeast and sea salt
- Massage the kale mixture until smooth
- Place the leaves on a baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven
- Take the chips out after about 20 minutes
- Serve in bowls
For the ones who like a kick to their chips, chilli flakes are a great addition to these chips.