Known as the queen of greens for its high nutrient density, we highly recommend eating kale on a regular basis. Luckily, there are many ways to incorporate kale into your daily diet and have fun trying out new recipes.
This yummy immune system boosting salad will get you ready to combat the winter flu and provides you with good dietary fibres, healthy fatty acids and a big dose of your daily needed nutrients.
This recipe will take approximately 10 minutes to prepare and serves four when used as a starter.
- 200 grams of kale (any kind)
- 200 grams of rocket
- Two avocados
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette
- 50 grams of nutritional yeast or parmesan
- Wash the kale and remove the stems
- Chop the kale into small pieces and add into a bowl
- Wash the rocket and add to the bowl
- Add the oil and vinaigrette and massage this into the leaves (yes we are serious)
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add these
- Remove the seeds from the avocados, cut into pieces and add
- Add the nutritional yeast or parmesan