As mentioned in the “we love avocado” post, avocados are a delicious addition to sweet and savoury dishes and have a wide variety of nutritional benefits. Incorporating avocados into your daily diet will improve your health!
This nutritional soup will allow you to reap the health benefits of avocado and will satisfy your taste buds at the same time.
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cool off and serves four as a starter.
- One litre of vegetable or chicken stock
- Six avocados
- Four tomatoes
- One red onion
- Two garlic cloves
- Red chilli pepper
- Juice of 4 limes
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Cook the vegetable or chicken stock as instructed and let this sit until its cooled off
- In the meantime, chop the tomatoes, onion, garlic and chilli peppers into small pieces and put these aside
- Peel the avocados and remove the seed
- Add the peeled avocados to the stock and use a hand blender to blend the avocados in with the stock until smooth
- Alternatively, if you don’t have a hand blender, transfer the stock to the blender and add the avocados to then blend until smooth
- Pour the blended avocado mixture into individual bowls
- Top each bowl with lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped coriander
Garnish with avocado.