Isn’t bacon unhealthy? No, it is not. A good quality free-range bacon is good for you. Saturated fats, the kind of fats that we have been taught not to eat because it raises cholesterol, is not necessarily bad for you. Dr Westman, the co-author of Keto Clarity explains that the right saturated fats raise good cholesterol levels. Good cholesterol is crucial for hormone function, cell and brain development.
We are big supporters of Paleo and high fat diets and this breakfast recipe fits in perfectly well.
This recipe is full of good fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
This recipe will make breakfast for two.
- Six eggs
- 200 grams of free-range back-bacon
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- One table spoon of coconut oil
- Heat a frying pan on low heat and add the coconut oil
- Fry the mushrooms until they are golden brown and set these aside
- Add the bacon to the frying pan and fry on medium heat until golden brown and crispy which should take about 5 minutes
- Lightly whisk the six eggs in a bowl
- Take the bacon out and divide over two plates
- Add the egg mixture to the frying pan
- Stir the eggs with a wooden spoon after roughly 20 seconds
- Repeat the stirring until the eggs are softly set yet runny
- Add the scrambled egg mixture to the plates with the bacon and add the mushrooms
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top if you like