Granola always tastes better when it is home-made, especially when it is still warm!
This paleo granola is full of good fats and proteins, being made from nuts, seeds and coconut only. Who said granola needs to include grains?
This granola is much tastier, or at least, in our opinion, than your average grain including granola’s and most definitely provides your body with a lot more nutrients and sustained energy.
It is incredibly easy to make. We would recommend making a big batch over the weekend that you can then use during the week when there is generally less time to prepare breakfast.
Although this granola is great for breakfast on top of some coconut yoghurt or almond milk, it can also be enjoyed as a snack.
This recipe will make enough granola for approximately 8 servings.
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 150 grams of mixed nuts: cashews, almonds and hazelnuts
- 150 grams of mixed seeds: pumpkin seeds and chia seeds
- 150 grams of coconut flakes
- Heat the oven on 100C
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Massage the mixture ensuring the coconut oil is rubbed into the mixture of nuts, seeds and coconut flakes
- Spread the granola mix on parchment paper / baking tray and place into the oven
- Baked for roughly 20 minutes
- Take the granola out and eat immediately or store for up to two weeks