Despite its looks, this oatmeal does not contain oats. It is grain, gluten and dairy free containing a variety of power foods that will nurture your body and provide you with tons of energy considering its nutrient density.
Whilst some may have no issues with regular oats, some of us unfortunately do. If you feel sluggish or bloated after eating regular oats – you may want to avoid any kind of grain for two months to see if you feel better. Avoiding grains may seem difficult at first. There are plenty recipes that use alternative ingredients that often happen to be a lot more nutritious also – definitely a bonus!
Whether your body likes oats or not – this recipe is a must try. It’s delicious and full of good quality protein and fats as well as vitamins and minerals. You will feel energised for the whole morning after eating this “oatmeal” and your body will thank you for it!
This “oatmeal” recipe is as simple and quick to prepare as regular oatmeal.
This recipe will take about five minutes to prepare and makes “oatmeal” for two.
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
- Four eggs
- 50 grams of coconut flour
- 25 grams of almond flour
- 15 grams of chia seeds
- 10 grams of flax seeds
- 250ml of coconut or almond milk
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- Any kind of topping you fancy e.g. berries, raw cacao sprinkles and nuts
- Add the ingredients other than the toppings to a pot and place this on the stove on low heat
- Gently whisk the mixture with a spoon while it simmers for about three minutes
- Ensure the mixture is nice and creamy when you take it off the stove – don’t overcook it!
- Divide the oatmeal over two bowls
- Add toppings