We love indulging on the weekend. An early morning outdoors work-out followed by pancakes definitely ticks the indulgence box. Relaxing is an important part of the weekend, hence we enjoy spending time in the kitchen making our favourite foods. Pancakes are definitely one of our favourite foods. In fact, we could have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
This pancake recipe is not your average pancake recipe as all ingredients are nutritious – yes, you read that correctly – healthy pancakes that do not contain wheat or sugar! Perhaps we should eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!?
Made from five ingredients only, this recipe is incredibly simple to prepare. You can use any topping you fancy but we highly recommend trying them with almond butter and exotic fruits for extra deliciousness.
This recipe takes roughly five minutes to prepare and another couple of minutes per pancake to cook. Depending on the size of your pan, this recipe makes roughly six pancakes.
- Six eggs
- 100 grams almond flour
- 150 ml coconut milk
- One scoop vanilla protein powder
- One ripe banana
- Two tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- Almond butter and exotic fruits as topping
- Heat the pan with coconut oil
- Add all pancake ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour some of the mixture into the heated pan
- Turn the pancake when golden brown on one side and wait for the other side to turn golden brown also
- Repeat until the blended mixture is finished
- Add the toppings