These muffins contain nothing but highly nutritious ingredients. They are not only totally guilt-free but also extraordinarily tasty.
Purple corn kernels have a deep purple colour. After milling the corn kernels, you are left with vibrant looking milled flour and a fun ingredient to use in muffins. Purple corn is highly nutritious and often classified as “super food”, with many benefits listed such as containing anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidants and flavonoids.
You might be slightly surprised to see courgette (also known as zucchini) listed as one of the ingredients in this recipe. We believe that having greens all day round is very beneficial and with its firm pale flesh, courgettes, give the muffins great structure.
These muffins are great for breakfast or as a snack at any time of the day.
This recipe will take about five minutes to prepare, 20 minutes of oven time and will make six muffins. A blender or food processor and muffin tin is needed.
- One large courgette
- 50 grams of organic purple corn flour
- 50 grams of coconut flour
- Two spoons of coconut oil
- Two eggs (optional)
- 100ml of almond milk
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Two table spoons of chia seeds
- Two table spoons of goji berries
- One table spoon of baking soda
- One table spoon of cinnamon
- Stevia for extra sweetness (optional)
- Preheat the oven on 200C
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend on low for 30 seconds until the mixture turns into smooth dough – if not smooth, add some more almond milk
- Oil the muffin tin with coconut oil
- Scoop the mixture into the muffin tin
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown
Happy healthy eating!