We love our grain-free oatmeal due to its variety of power food ingredients and high nutrient density. With winter just around the corner, we felt like something equally nutrient dense but a little more warming – we think we found the perfect recipe!
This warming and delicious breakfast will most definitely bring you comfort and satisfaction throughout the cold mornings these winter months. Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to standard porridge oats as they contain plenty fibre and vitamins.
Sweet potatoes contain high levels of vitamins A and C, in fact, 100 grams of sweet potato provides roughly 300% of your daily recommend intake for vitamin A. Vitamin A is an ant-oxidant, is essential for eye health and supports growth and development, amongst many other things.
This recipe takes ten minutes to prepare and serves two.
- 400 grams of sweet potatoes
- 50 grams of almond flour
- Two table spoons of coconut oil
- One table spoon of raw cacao powder
- A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
- A handful of Brazil nuts
- Wash and chop the sweet potatoes into small pieces (leave the skin on) and steam them for eight minutes – steaming helps to maximize their nutritional value
- While the potatoes steam, mix the remaining ingredients into a bowl
- Remove the steamed potatoes from the hob and mash them with a tool
- Mingle the potatoes in with the mixture of other ingredients until mixed in thoroughly
- Divide the porridge over two bowls
- Add the Brazil nuts on top