Our favourite and simplest healthy tip is – the more colour the better!
Colourful plates of food are most likely to include a wide range of vegetables providing your body with lots of good stuff.
This colourful tasty Thai salad is definitely a good option.
This recipe will take about ten minutes to prepare and makes salad for two.
- One cucumber
- Two carrots
- One red or orange pepper
- Two green onions
- One mango
- One lemon
- One cube of ginger
- Chilli flakes
- Sesame oil
- Cashew nuts
- Cut the vegetables, other than the green onion, in strips and place them on the serving plates
- Chop the green onion in small rings and add to the vegetable mixture
- Chop the mango into pieces and place more than half on the plates
- The other mango goes into the food processor or blender together with squeezed lemon, the peeled ginger, chilli flakes and sesame oil – blend until this becomes a smooth dressing
- Fry the cashew nuts until golden brown
- Add the dressing and the nuts to the vegetables
This salad is also very nice with shrimps cooked in garlic or tempeh cooked with garlic and soya sauce.