These home-made energy balls are very addictive as they not only provide you with sustained energy throughout the day; they are also the tastiest snack out there. Some of our followers have made suggestions to commercialize these energy balls and put them up for sale on the website!
Due to its high super food content, these balls are packed with minerals, vitamins and good fatty acids, hence the sustained energy boost. They are the perfect snack. Additionally, they are a great snack for kids, they are a fantastic fuel during endurance training, not to mention they make for a mouth-watering dessert… yum.
Being made with natural foods and without added sweeteners, these balls are much healthier than the average energy snack you find in the store.
This recipe will take about 10 minutes in total to prepare and will make roughly 10 balls. You will need a blender or food processor, parchment paper and a Tupperware.
- 100 grams of cashew nuts
- 100 grams of dates
- Three tablespoon of tahini (sesame paste)
- 50 grams of goji berries
- 25 grams of flaxseeds
- 25 grams of raw cacao nibs
- 25 grams of hemp seeds
- Two table spoon of coconut oil
- One tablespoon of cinnamon
- Chia seeds or desiccated coconut for garnishing
- Add the nuts, dried fruits, tahini, seeds, nibs coconut oil and cinnamon to the blender or food processor and blend slowly until the ingredients are coarse and well mixed. This might need some stirring considering the thick texture
- Spread the mixture on to the parchment paper
- With your hands, kneed and roll the mixture into 10 individual balls
- Roll them in chia seeds or coconut
- Place them in a Tupperware and store them in the fridge
These home-made energy balls will last for a week in the fridge.
You can add your favourite protein powder (e.g. Sunwarrior) to the mix to make them a great recovery snack.