Eating granola bars while drinking coffee is just one of those things we all love. It’s so satisfying. Most granola bars at coffee shops are sadly sugar and hydrogenated fat leaden so why not make them yourself? Making granola bars at home means they not only make for a great coffee buddy but also make them legit to eat for breakfast.
Stuffed with nuts, seeds and cranberries, these are all-round amazing.
This recipe will take about ten minutes to prepare and another 30 in the oven. This will be plenty for ten bars.
- 250 grams of gluten free organic oats
- 100 grams of melted butter
- 100 grams of walnuts
- 100 grams of sunflower seeds
- 100 grams of cranberries
- Two tablespoons of honey
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven on 200C
- Grease a baking dish with some butter
- Toast the oats and seeds in a pan with some butter till golden brown
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients including the toasted mixture
- Press this mixture into the baking dish and place in the oven
- When golden brown, take the dish out and let it cool off
- Place the dish in the fridge or freezer to set for at least one hour before serving