Its weekend and you feel like comfort food but don’t want to compromise health? These home-baked sweet potato fries fit the bill! Crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, these fries are a real treat.
Sweet potatoes are a great alternative to regular white potatoes. Both contain essential nutrients and roughly the same calorie content, however, sweet potatoes contain more vitamin C and a lot more vitamin A, in fact, 100 grams of sweet potato provides roughly 300% of your daily recommend intake for vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for eye and immune system health as well as supports growth and development, amongst other things.
These fries work well as a side to your dinner or as a snack.
This recipe will make fries two and will take roughly ten minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake.
- Four sweet potatoes
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One teaspoon of chillies
- ½ teaspoon of salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven on 220C while you clean the potatoes
- Cut the clean potatoes in fries size chunks
- In a bowl, mix the chunks in with the other ingredients
- Spread the fries out over two oven trays lined with baking sheets and place them in the oven
- Turn the fries once or twice while they bake
- Take the fries out once they look golden brown – that’s it!
Tip: make sure the fries are not touching – give them plenty of space. If they are touching they will get soggy while if they are separated they will become golden brown and crispy.