If you feel like a nutrient packed lunch but don’t have a lot of time to prepare, this salad is a great option.
It’s one of our favourites because it contains a wide range of nutrients and does a really good job at restoring your body after a hard training session.
Turkey is good source of protein and vitamins B3 and B6, great for sustained energy levels and a healthy nervous system. Make sure you buy grass-fed organic turkey to optimize nutritional value.
Artichokes contain a wide range of nutrients that support the muscles and nervous system; plant protein, magnesium and potassium, are a few nutrients this plant contains.
We like adding nutritional yeast to our salads as it gives the salad a subtle nutty and cheesy flavour which we like. As a bonus, nutritional yeast also provides a good dose of B12 vitamins, essential for red blood cell production.
Long story short: a tasty and nutritious salad.
This recipe will take about five minutes to prepare and makes salad for two.
- 150 grams of rocket or other leaves
- Four large tomatoes
- 175 grams of artichoke hearts
- One avocado
- 200 grams of grilled free-range organic turkey breast
- Three table spoons of nutritional yeast
- Four table spoons of olive oil
- A handful of walnuts
- Chop the tomatoes, artichokes, avocado and turkey into pieces
- Add all the ingredients to a salad bowl and mix the ingredients
- Divide the salad onto two plates